Thursday, March 31, 2005

The favor of waiting on the Lord

Psalm 147:1-12

Alleluia!
How good it is to sing praises to our God!
how pleasant it is to honour Him with praise!
The Lord rebuilds Jerusalem;
He gathers the exiles of Israel.
He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
He counts the number of the stars
and calls them all by their names.
Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
there is no limit to his wisdom.
The Lord lifts up the lowly,
but casts the wicked to the ground.
Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving;
make music to our God upon the harp.
He covers the heavens with clouds
and prepares rain for the earth;
He makes grass to grow upon the mountains
and green plants to serve us all.
He provides food for flocks and herds
and for the young ravens when they cry.
He is not impressed by the might of a horse,
He has no pleasure in human strength;
But the Lord has pleasure in those who fear Him,
in those who await His gracious favour.
Alleluia!

The Lord delights in those who fear Him, in those who await His gracious favor.

Waiting on God is linked with fearing God.
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.”
Waiting on God is wise.
Waiting on God causes God to
delight in me.
I wait on thee, O God. I await your answers. I await your favor. I actively fear your name by patiently waiting for You. Amen.
Teach me to be patient. Amen.
Teach me to be patient through waiting expectantly. Amen.
Give me your delight as I wait expectantly. Amen.

Prayer:
I am not good at waiting, Lord. I am not good at patience. You know this. Have mercy upon me. Waiting your favor without sensing your Spirit can damage my faith. But sensing your Spirit without waiting your favor can damage my will. Give me enough of your Good Spirit, O God, to strengthen my faith, in the name of Christ Jesus my Lord. Give me enough holy waiting to strengthen my will for Christ. Fill me with your power and expectation. Fill me with yourself even as I await your face. Fill me with your presence even as I await your hand. Grant me a new will even as I wait your Perfect will. In the name of the matchless Christ, Jesus, who waited for all things according to the will of the Father! Amen.

The fear of the Lord is waiting on Him.
The fear of the Lord is willing His will.
The fear of the Lord is seeing Him
here. Amen.

Alleluia!

He counts the numbers of the stars, and calls them all by name!

He is the One on whom I wait.

Alleluia!




No comments: