Saturday, May 27, 2006

Thoughts between daughter and Father



BE OCCUPIED IN THE GREATEST THINGS

The daughter, though consoled by the love of her Lord, found herself so preoccupied by…disillusionment that she was bound in spirit and not free for her rightful work. But her God uncovered her eyes, and she saw this preoccupation as a bond from which the Spirit of Liberty was waiting to unbind her.

And she knew that she must be occupied in the greatest things. She was doing a great work and she could not come down to those little things. If they did not seem little things to her, she must ask herself this question: Was He whom she called Master and Lord always understood? Was He never misjudged? They laid to His charge things that He knew not, to the great discomfiture of His spirit. Is it not enough for the disciple to be as her Master and the servant as her Lord?

THE SECRET OF CONTINUED ENDURANCE

The daughter asked, “What is the secret of continued endurance?”

Her Father answered,
“It is found in seeing Him who is invisible. It is found in looking at the joy that is set before thee. It is found in considering Him who endured. It is found in taking for thine own the words of one who was tempted to wax faint: ‘In the day when I cried Thou answered me, and strengthened me with strength in my soul.’ It is found in staking thine all upon the lightest word of the Lord, thy Redeemer. It is found in loyalty. It is found in love.”

HAST THOU COME TO THE END OF MY RESOURCES?

Her thoughts said, “My enemies live and are mighty; and yet I have requested that they, even mine enemies, shall not triumph over me or over those whom Thou hast given me, my Father, for they are Thine. But I have come to the end of my resources.”

Her Father said,
“Hast thou come to the end if My resources? Is the Lord’s hand shortened? Dost thou not know Him whom thou hast believed? Art thou not persuaded that He is able to keep that which thou hast committed unto Him? Know thy Lord and thy heart shall find repose in Him. Thine enemies shall not triumph over thee or over those whom I have given thee.”

And the daughter said, “I will cry unto God most high, unto God that performeth all things for me, even the cause that I have in hand. Lord, all my desire is before Thee!”

Note: Prayer thoughts from Amy Carmichael, writing from India, where she singlehandly stood against the racist caste system, rescuing young girls from ritual Hindu temple prostitution -- at risk of her own life. Countless redemptive miracles were wrought from her prayer life... here is a glimpse into that inner beauty, beauty which can lead us in our own relation and work!


No comments: