Monday, October 29, 2007

Wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord



It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

“Has God forgotten to be gracious? Has He in anger shut up His compassion?”

I had said in my alarm, “I am cut off from your sight.” But you heard the voice of my pleas for mercy when I cried to you for help.

“Will not God give justice to His elect, who cry to Him day and night? Will He delay long over them? I tell you, He will give justice to them speedily.”

Wait for the Lord, and He will deliver you.

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in His way, over the man who carries out evil devices!

“You will not need to fight in this battle. Stand firm, hold your position, and see the salvation of the Lord.”

Let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains.


Lam. 3:26; Ps. 77:9; Ps. 32:22; Luke 18:7, 8; Prov. 20:22; Ps. 37:7; 2 Chron. 20:17; Gal. 6:9; Jas. 5:7

No comments: