Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Grace that brings us into faith

Grace alone, faith alone

by Oswald Chambers


It is not repentance that saves me, repentance is the sign that I realize what God has done in Christ Jesus. The danger is to put the emphasis on the effect instead of on the cause. Is it my obedience that puts me right with God? Never! I am put right with God because prior to all else, Christ died. When I turn to God and accept by faith what God reveals, instantly the stupendous atonement of Jesus Christ rushes me into a right relationship with God.

By the miracle of God’s grace I stand justified, not because of anything I have done, but because of what Jesus has done. The salvation of God does not stand on human logic; it stands on the sacrificial death of Jesus. Sinful men and women can be changed into new creatures by the marvelous work of God in Christ Jesus, which is prior to all experience.


Jesus, Keep me near the Cross
There’s a precious fountain
Free to all, a healing stream
Flows from Calvary’s mountain.

Selah.

No comments: