Friday, August 18, 2006

A song for Israel



Psalm 131

A song of ascents by David

My heart is not proud, O LORD,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.

But I have stilled and quieted my soul;
like a weaned child with its mother,
like a weaned child is my soul within me.

O Israel, put your hope in the LORD
both now and forevermore.

Come to the Quiet


John Michael Talbot

Lord, my heart is not proud,
Nor are my eyes fixed on things beyond me.
In the quiet, I have stilled my soul
Like a child at rest
on its mother’s knee.
I have stilled my soul within me.

Israel, come and hope in your Lord.
Do not set your eyes on things far beyond you.
Just come to the quiet,
Come and still your soul
Like a child at rest on it’s daddy’s knee.
Come and still your soul completely.

May the peace of this passage be upon Israel. May the soul of Israel be quieted in the arms of Abba, this day and this night in the very stillness of God. Amen.

No comments: