Saturday, August 18, 2007

The hardest, gladdest thing in the world



The freedom cry of recognition: Father!

The hardest, gladdest thing in the world is, to cry Abba, Father! from a full heart. I would help whom I may to call thus upon the Father...

The refusal to look up to God as our Father is the one central wrong in the whole human affair. The inability to do so is our one central misery. Whatever serves to clear any difficulty from the way of the recognition of the Father will more or less undermine every difficulty in life.

George MacDonald

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loy
This is a old friend from a long time ago. Amy (Rauschenberger) Bryant. I have been married for 18 year and have four wonderful children. My husband pastor's a chuch in colorado. We moved to colorado 9 year ago and started the chruch. I think you know my brother-in-law Micah Bryant. Just thought I would say "Hi". Amy

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks so much for reaching out and saying hi, Amy! It's really good to hear from you, and to know that you are doing well.

I certainly do know Micah -- he and Marla are top of the shelf. You picked a great family to marry into, btw! :-)

Thanks again for saying hi and many blessings to you and your family,

Loy