Give me this day, O God,
- The energy I need to face my work;
- The diligence I need to do it well;
- The self-discipline, which will make me work just as hard, even if there is none to see, and none to praise, and none to blame;
- The self-respect which will not stoop to produce anything which is less than my best;
- The courtesy and considerateness, which will make me easy to live with and easy to work with.
Help me to so live today that I may make this world a happier place wherever I may be: through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.
In the Evening
Give me this night, O Father, the peace of mind which is truly rest.
Take from me
- All envy of anyone else;
- All resentment for anything which has been withheld from me;
- All bitterness against anyone who has hurt me or wronged me;
- All anger against the apparent injustice of life;
- All foolish worry about the future, and all futile regret about the past.
Help me to be
- At peace with myself;
- At peace with my fellowmen;
- At peace with you.
So indeed may I lay myself down to rest in peace: through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.