Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thoughts between daughter and Father X



COME UNTO ME AND I WILL REFRESH THEE

Her thoughts said, “I can go on no longer”

Her Father said,

“Thou canst. Thou canst do all things through Christ who strengthens thee. Is tribulation a new thing to any child of Mine? Shouldest thou expect to be without pressure, batterings, toil, tears, discouragements, disappointments, ingratitudes, obloquies? All my servants had these in abundant measure. Look and thou wilt see their footsteps in the dust of the road. But they had strong consolation and so hast thou. Not to be pitied, but happy is she that hath the God of Jacob for her help, whose hope is in the Lord her God.

"Doth the burning sun distress thee? There shall be shade from the heat. Art thou beaten by the storm? There shall be a hiding place from storm and from rain. Or is it that thou art too weary to know why thou art so weary? Then come unto Me and I will refresh thee.”


THE STING AND THE STINGER

Her thoughts said, “The sting of grief abideth.”

Her Father said,

"My word to thee is 'Pray for them which despitefully use thee.' The word is not 'Wait till the stinger be sorry for stinging.' Art thou stung? Thou wilt find as thou prayest that the sting will lose its power. Thy thinking will be kindly. Thou wilt remember Him who, when He was reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered, he threatened not, but committed himself to Him that judgeth righteously. Thy Savior hath left thee an example that thou shouldest follow in His steps."


DO NOT BE UNJUST

The daughter was troubled, longing that confidence should be restored and yet not seeing how that which snapped in an hour of stress could be counted upon again.

Her Father opened the matter to her:

"Thou canst not recreate confidence. But do not be unjust. What ground hadst thou for thy confidence? Didst thou ask sand to be rock? Iron to be steel? Cane to be oak? To do that is to expect what cannot be. Do not be unjust.

"Now turn from these sad thoughts: think of the faithful and loyal in whom thy heart may safely rest. Are not their words as honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones? Be grateful, make much of them, and go on thy way as one who is girded with gladness.”


THOU ART NO BIRD

Her thoughts said, "Arrows are shot, as it were, from darkness, from nowhere. I cannot see whence they come and I do not know why they are shot. I only know that I long to escape out of their reach."

Her Father said,

“That is not a new temptation. Meet it as he who wrote, 'How say yet to my soul, "Flee as a bird to your mountain?" They make ready their arrow upon the string that they may shoot in darkness.' Arrows shot in open day can be seen and countered. Arrows shot in darkness test the temper and poise of the spirit. But do not flee as a bird. Thou art no bird."


LET THE REST GO BY

Her thoughts said, "How wearisome is the chatter of earth."

Her Father said,

“The world passeth away, and the lust thereof (and the talk thereof), but she who doeth the will of God abideth forever. Fix thine heart on doing my will, and let the rest go by.


Selah.

Prayer

Dear Father of lights, Abba of grace, God of rivers and fountains... You who bring forth springs in the desert, please refresh my spirit today as I wait on you. You have said, 'Come unto Me and I will refresh thee.' And, so I come to you, full of dryness, full of questions, full of hesitations, full of doubts. I believe, help thou my unbelief. Cleanse my eyes with tears and let me see again the diamond-path of grace, the treasures of the journey.

Today, Father, I claim the promise of your refreshment. Today I see again the water that bursts forth in the desert land, and I drink, and am satisfied. The one who believes in you, out of his inner being will flow rivers of living water -- thus you promised and thus I request. I drink, and give thanks.

Thank you that you are working in me -- this day -- both to will and do your good pleasure. I wait for you and give you my praise! Grant a new filling of the Spirit in my life to fulfill this prayer. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Selah.

Note: More thoughts from the private conversation of Amy Carmichael, as she talked to her Father about the issues of life and personal challenges around her. God used her to rescue many young girls from ritual Hindu temple prostitution, and wrought miracles through her prayer life. Here is glimpse into that prayer life. May it bless you today!

No comments: