Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Thy way, not mine, O Lord


Words: Horatius Bonar, 1857
Tune: Kingsland


Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
however dark it be;
lead me by Thine own hand,
choose out the path for me.

Smooth let it be or rough,
it will be still the best;
winding or straight, it leads
right onward to Thy rest.

I dare not choose my lot;
I would not, if I might;
choose Thou for me, my God,
so I shall walk aright.

The kingdom that I seek
is Thine; so let the way
that leads to it be Thine,
else I must surely stray.

Take thou my cup, and it
with joy or sorrow fill,
as best to Thee may seem;
choose Thou my good and ill.

Choose Thou for me my friends,
my sickness or my health;
choose Thou my cares for me
my poverty or wealth.

Not mine, not mine the choice
in things or great or small;
be Thou my Guide, my Strength
my wisdom and my all.

Alleluia!

Amen.




No comments: