Friday, October 20, 2006

Sometimes the sky just takes my breath away



Sometimes the autumn sky just takes my breath away --
How can anyone truly see, and not long for poetry?
A contradiction, for me: how anyone can look at life
And not seek Life, the Author and Perfecter of our faith?

Step by step

Rich Mullins

Sometimes the night was beautiful
Sometimes the sky was so far away
Sometimes it seemed to stoop so close
You could touch it but your heart would break...

And on this road to righteousness
Sometimes the climb can be so steep
I may falter in my steps
But never beyond Your reach!

Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days...

Selah.

No comments: