Thursday, March 08, 2007

A place God waits for us to sit awhile with Him



Then they heard the sound of the LORD God as He walked in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees...

But the LORD God called, "Where are you?"

Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over transgression for the remnant of His inheritance? He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in steadfast love. He will again have compassion on us; He will tread our iniquities under foot. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.

“For a brief moment I deserted you, but with great compassion I will gather you. In overflowing anger for a moment I hid my face from you, but with everlasting love I will have compassion on you,” says the Lord, your Redeemer.

“I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the one against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

The blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.


Gen. 3:8, 9; Isa. 38:17; Mic. 7:18, 19; Isa. 54:7, 8; Jer. 31:34; Ps. 32:1, 2; 1 John 1:7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loy, This is a beautiful picture of God and his pursuing love! So like The Child!! My heart overflows with praise - for I have sat with Him and felt his arms of love around me.